Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Final nursery pictures

Here we are, 6 weeks after Brian came home with us, and we just completed the finishing touches on the nursery! Seems about right to me.  :)  Today, with Papa Chuck's help, I got the last of the gift decorations hung/placed in the nursery.  Here are the new pictures of what it looks like. For those of you who have seen the nursery before, you'll notice that the rocker has migrated into the room now that he's sleeping in there.  (Wow, I love that rocker.  Such a wonderful find!)  I had to do some rearranging, and Brian's little arm chair rocker now has a home in our living room, but the layout is working well for us.  What do you guys think?  Of course the best part of the room is the little guy who sleeps in there! 

Thanks to everyone who has had a hand in making the room great.  First of all, to my husband who did such a wonderful job painting the room for us.  Also, my mom and our friend David who helped me get the room prepped, and my step-dad Chuck who has helped me hang/fix all sorts of things along the way.  Also thanks to Grandma Brenda and Grandpa Dell and Grammy for the furniture and layette set.



Thanks to Cathy Kilgore for the cool collage with Brian's name in it - you can see it on top of the dresser on the right side.  I didn't get a close up of it so you'll have to take my word that it's very cool (and very Cathy!).

Thanks to Jaclyn Austin for the big artwork for over his crib.  I love the wooden animals and the painted dragonfly, and the way you put it together with the fabric is awesome!

Thanks to Zula Dominey for the wonderfully colorful painting, customized for the Rasmussen family.  It's found a home on his bookcase with many of the other wonderful items. 

(While we're at it, thanks to Richard and Kathy Leach for the awesome frog bank, and to Grammy for the wonderful turtle night light - both have also found homes on the bookcase.)


And last, but certainly not least, thanks to Jessica St. Clair for the wonderful name artwork, now hanging above the light switch.  The colors and design turned out perfect!

1 comment:

  1. Grandma Amy and Papa ChuckNovember 18, 2010 at 7:00 AM

    Definitely a nice room for a very wonderful little fellow. We're happy to have a part in his life.

    ReplyDelete