Monday, January 31, 2011

Week 17

I'm finally (almost) caught up!  Seems like when that happens I get behind again, but we'll give it a shot.  Here are the pictures from last week.

The trip to San Francisco went well.  Brian is a trooper with traveling, but it's still hard.  I've now perfected the art of changing dirty diapers in airplane bathrooms, and we're getting good at getting through security with Brian and all his stuff.  But I think we'll stay at home for a while!

We explored Chinatown while in San Francisco, and we wandered around the Union Square area where the hotel was a few times.  The weather was beautiful!  On the last day we drove across the Golden Gate Bridge on our way back to the airport, but the fog had rolled in and there wasn't much to see.

Fun in the bath!  He loves to play in the water (and kick, and splash).  He's been known to get my back wet while I'm playing with him, that's how hard he kicks.  I keep the hand shower thingy on to keep his tub full when he starts playing. 
 Check out this comparison with his first bath, in his first week.  16 weeks make a huge difference!
  Chinatown, San Francisco

 Brian has an awesome new Panda hat.  We got it one night in San Fran from a pair of really nice Chinese ladies selling their goods on the street.  We stopped to look at the hats, and one of the ladies took a look at him and picked up the Panda hat.  She put it on him and said "happy life!"  We had to buy it.

 This is one of Brian's favorite tricks. I was taking pictures of him sleeping like an angel, and all of a sudden he was awake.  One picture, eyes closed.  The next, they have popped open like this.  He does this all the time.  

 Random fun in the hotel room with dad while I was in my conference


 Chillin' with Grandma Amy

 Brian loves to sit with Dad while he plays the piano

 Happy Boy!
 

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures. We have to get together before you guys head out west. Speaking of heading west, we're flying to O-town the first week of March. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to talk about getting through the airport with all the stuff. Including the car seat. How does that work exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer - we definitely need to get together before we leave (and I'll definitely share what we discovered while gallivanting across the country). Give me a call sometime - maybe we can meet up this weekend for a short bit.

    ReplyDelete